Recently I have been hearing plenty of discussions regarding the “value” of Facebook likes, Real vs. Fake. As usual, the majority of what I hear is wrong so I decided to achieve this post to set things straight. Let me first begin by explaining the main difference between a “real” like and a “fake” like. A what are known as “real” like is a like that is earned the “right” way… which means that the like was done by way of a real individual that found real value within your site or post or page or whatever and decided to offer you kudos by “liking” it…
Now to the “fake” like; the fake like is a like which is generated by any means apart from the things i described above. You can find a multitudes of different techniques for getting a fake like, way too many with this post, but here are a few:
1. Purchase like packages on microjob sites like Fiverr.com; you can purchase a few hundred to your few thousand. These likes are typically generated having a bot (automated software program) that games Facebook security and erroneously adds dozens to thousands of likes over days or even weeks. The positive to this particular method is that it is cheap… the negative is the fact that bots can be sometimes be detected by Facebook security which can lead for your Facebook page being closed down. Recently Facebook announced it’s intends to ramp up detection, you can read a great article about this here.
2. Purchase likes from the microworker site. This method involves buying “credits” or “tokens” on sites like Welikehits.com. These sites permit you to setup an account together with your Facebook profile and then others get credits by liking your page or sharing,etc. You have to pay between $5-$100 to get credits that you then “spend” when someone likes your page; you can buy several thousand credits for $10-$25 normally. The main benefit of these sites is the fact real people who have real accounts are liking your page, no automated script or bot… the negative would be that the way these likes come your way is via a gateway page having a set ip address… meaning that it must be very easy for Facebook to share with that these were bought, and therefore not count them.
Here are some of some great benefits of fake likes:
1. Access to Facebook Analytics. Facebook only lets you the access the analytics portion of your user interface AFTER you reach 30 likes. By getting fake likes, you can access your computer data more quickly.
2. Usage of Facebook vanity URL. Facebook enables you to use a vanity URL only after you have 25 likes… the vanity URL is very important right away, it lets you have facebook/yourkeyword again, fake likes offers you access to this feature quickly.
3. Nobody desires to like a page which includes zero likes… psychologically people are FAR more prone to click that like button if there are already several hundred or several thousand likes.
4. SEO value. Social signals are essential to SEO right now… some say just as much as 1/3 from the puzzle… regardless of what the quantity actually is, should you do SEO you KNOW that things like followers,likes, etc play a vital role in gfhisr your keywords on the search engines. Should you be struggling to generate these social signals the “right” way, obtaining the fake ones is better than nothing.